Re: Disable selecting with trackpad?

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 08:36:41 -0500
Ross Gohlke <ross@grinz.com> wrote:

Hi,

> Thanks for the reply! Looking at /etc/pbbuttonsd.conf (and man
> pbbuttonsd.conf), I tried the following:
>
> TPMode                =
> TPMode                = notap
> #TPMode                =

The option is completly right but this will only work, if your powermac
has an ADB trackpad. The newer ones have an USB trackpad. If you are
not sure which one you have please check
 > cat /proc/cpuinfo

Look for the line "machine" in the output. There you will find something
like "PowerBook5.1" or similar. The numbers tells you which machine you
have.

Machines up to 5.5 and from 6.0 to 6.7 have an ADB trackpad and the option
should work. All other don't and the option will be ignored.

Because you wrote that the option changed nothing, I assume you have an USB
trackpad. Unfortunately I have no idea how to configure this thing.

 Best Regards
   Matthias Grimm