Re: kernel .config for Debian stock kernel?

Wartan Hachaturow wrote:
On 3/18/09, Brian P. Flaherty <bxf4@u.washington.edu> wrote:

I now just boot 'old' and it works.  I'd like to get the .config from
both kernels (working and not), so I can compare them and build a new
kernel that works.  Can you point me to the package I install to get
that stock .config, if there is one?  I'd like it as a starting point.
I'd rather not take the time to do the kernel config from scratch right now.

Kernel configs are available in kernel image packages, and reside in
/boot/config-*.

Thank you, I'll try to build a new kernel using the 2.6.18 config.

Does the kernel work with "video=ofonly"?

The kernel on the lenny install CD or the newer kernel (2.6.26-13 or -17) from testing on the system do not work with either video=atyfb or video=ofonly. Both hang in the same spot.

Thanks for the reply.

Brian