3 Iraqi Ministers to Speak at the 3rd Iraq Aviation and Defense Summit This April
Washington, DC - March 19, 2009 -- IADS officials confirmed
today that Shirwan Al-Waili, Minister of State for National
Security, Akram Hakim, Minister of State for National
Dialogue and Burhan Sofi, KRG Minister of Transport to speak
at the 3rd IADS to be held April 1-2 at the Ritz-Carlton
Hotel in McLean, VA just outside Washington, DC area.
In addition to featuring speakers from Iraqi Air Force,
Iraqi Army, Iraqi Navy and Security Forces, the 3rd Iraq
Aviation & Defense Summit will also be featuring addresses
from key experts who have served as advisors in the
Multi-National Security Transition Command (MNSTC-I),
and who were responsible for developing, organizing,
training, equipping, and sustaining the Iraqi Security
Ministries namely the Ministry of Defense and the Ministry
of Interior and their associated Iraqi Security Forces (ISF),
i.e. the military of Iraq and the Iraqi Police.
New IADS confirmed speakers include:
* Anwer Ahmed, Iraqi Air Force Commander.
* Lt. Gen. Frank Helmick, Commanding General for
Multinational Security Transition Command-Iraq and NATO-Iraq.
IADS confirmed speakers include:
* Saad Al Muttalibi, Political Advisor, National Security
* Lt. Gen. Taleb Al-Kenani, Director General, Iraq Counter
* Lt. Gen. Abdullah Khames, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics,
Iraqi Joint HQ
* Col. Timothy Strawther, Director,19th Air Force
* Major General Jamal Baker, Commanding General,
Kirkuk Provincial HQ
* Abdulameer Alsaad, Airport Director, Basrah International
* General Farook Al Arajy, Director-Office of the
Commander-in-Chief, Security Adviser to the Prime Minister
* Brigadier General Shahab Ali, Commander, Iraqi Air Bases,
The 3rd annual IADS 2009 will welcome tens of experts and
cover a wide range of subjects. Agenda topics include giving
first-hand insight on the following important organizations:
* Coalition Military Assistance Training Team (CMATT),
which organizes, trains, and equips the Iraqi Army.
* Civilian Police Assistance Training Team (CPATT),
which organizes, trains, and equips the Iraqi Police.
* Coalition Army Advisory Training Team (CAATT) responsible
for building the Iraqi Army.
* Coalition Air Force Transition Team (CAFTT) responsible
for building the Iraqi Air Force.
* Maritime Strategic Transition Team (MaSTT) responsible
for supporting the Iraqi Navy, Marines and Coast Guard.
* Civilian Police Assistance Training Team (CPATT) building
the various Iraqi police agencies.
* Intelligence Transition Team (ITT) responsible for building
the military and police information organizations.
* Iraqi National Counter-Terrorism Task Force (INCTF)
assisting Iraqi major operations.
* Security Assistance Office (SAO) assisting in the
acquisition of equipment and overseas training.
* Joint Headquarters Assistance Team (JHQ-AT) responsible
for advising the Iraqi Joint Headquarters.
* Ministry of Defense Transition Team (MOD-TT) responsible
for advising the MOD staff.
* Ministry of Interior Transition Team (MOI-TT) responsible
for advising the MOI staff.
With hundreds of companies expected to attend the two-day
event, expanded agenda will cover a range of topics related
to the Iraqi aviation, security and defense challenges.
Event organizers hopes that this will give greater context to
other parts of the conference program which will focus on
security issues, contracting and subcontracting opportunities,
funding, project management, international cooperation,
and cultural training.
Scheduled one-to-one meetings with Iraqi officials and panel
presentations will provide you insights and analysis of the
current challenges facing Iraq Aviation, Security and Defense.
Scheduled meetings are on First-come, first-served basis.
The Iraq Aviation and Defense Summit and Expo (IADS), now on
its third year, is the world's largest and most respected event
focused on Iraq's aviation, security and defense challenges
and opportunities. IADS is the only event where you hear from
those who are responsible for shaping the future of aviation,
security and military requirements in Iraq. For three
consecutive years, IADS has featured Iraqi ranking military
officers, policy makers and government decision makers.
About New-Fields Exhibitions
Founded in 1994, New-Fields today is a leading information
provider and conference/trade shows organizer on defense,
homeland security to governments, defense and law enforcement
agencies, industries and academe around the world.
Not Registered Yet? You may register in any of the
Call us at 202-536-5000.
Or download the PDF registration form
If you believe that you received this e-mail in error, or
would prefer not to receive future New Fields information,
just reply to this message and put "unsubscribe"
somewhere in the subject line.
New Fields Exhibitions, Inc.
1101 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, DC 20004