kernel .config for Debian stock kernel?

Hello,

I have an iMac G5 (iSight). I was able to successfully install Debian off an old etch netinstall CD a week or two ago. But the fans run like crazy and X behaves a little poorly. I figured it might be better to install lenny to get the newer kernel, etc., but lenny won't install.

It boots off the CD, I type 'install64 video=atyfb' (following a different thread on this list), and it halts moments later with some MPICH problems or failures. This is relevant because I upgraded the etch install (via dselect) and installed the next kernel and it also freezes in the exact same place and error. So, I think there's a mismatch between the kernel on my lenny install CD and my computer.

I now just boot 'old' and it works. I'd like to get the .config from both kernels (working and not), so I can compare them and build a new kernel that works. Can you point me to the package I install to get that stock .config, if there is one? I'd like it as a starting point. I'd rather not take the time to do the kernel config from scratch right now.

Thank you for your time and help.

Brian