Re: No X on iMac G3 400MHz

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 23:51:32 -0600
Esteban Monge <esteban.francisco@gmail.com> wrote:

EM> Try with the ati driver:
EM>
EM> Section "Device"
EM> Identifier "ATI Technologies Inc Rage 128 RL/VR AGP"
EM> Driver "ati"
EM>
EM> In extreme cases I use the next tip: Download any Ubuntu versión and boot
EM> with the live CD, goto the configuration of the X.org and copy the
EM> parameters, try in Debian Lenny paste the same parameters.

That needs to be one of the older Ubuntu version (Gutsy or before) as the current ones, Hardy onwards, are no better than Debian (you may get X but only 600x480 resolution.

| James Tappin           | School of Physics & Astronomy |  O__    |
| sjt@star.sr.bham.ac.uk | University of Birmingham      | --  \/` |
| Ph: 0121-414-6462. Fax: 0121-414-3722                  |         |