Fine tuning iMac G3 400 + Rage 128 + 1-button mouse

   Thanks Risto.  I have a very slow loading, but very fuctional gdm and gnome desktop, using the r128 driver with "UseFBDev" option on. But I can't use the HW accelleration. Hence the slow loading I suppose. Can it be made to work somehow?
Heres my current xorg.conf:

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Generic Keyboard"
	Driver		"kbd"
	Option		"XkbRules"	"xorg"
	Option		"XkbModel"	"pc104"
	Option		"XkbLayout"	"us"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Configured Mouse"
	Driver		"mouse"
EndSection

Section "Device"
	Identifier	"ATI Technologies Inc Rage 128 RL/VR AGP"
	Driver		"r128"
#	Option		"BusID"		"PCI:0000:00:10.0"
#	Option		"Screen"	"0"

#	Option		"VideoRam"	"128000"
#	Option		"MemBase"	""
#	Option		"IOBase"	""
#	Option		"ChipID"	""

	Option		"SWcursor"	"on"
	Option		"NoAccel"	"on"
#	Option		"Dac6Bit"	"off"
#	Option		"VideoKey"	""
#	Option		"Display"	"CRT"
	Option		"UseFBDev"	"on"
#	Option		"VGAAccess"	"off"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier	"Generic Monitor"
	Option		"DPMS"
	HorizSync	59-61
	VertRefresh	75-117
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier	"Default Screen"
	Device		"ATI Technologies Inc Rage 128 RL/VR AGP"
	Monitor		"Generic Monitor"
	DefaultDepth	16
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth		1
		Modes		"1024x768"  "800x600"
	EndSubSection
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth		4
		Modes		"1024x768"  "800x600"
	EndSubSection
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth		8
		Modes		"1024x768"  "800x600"
	EndSubSection
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth		15
		Modes		"1024x768"  "800x600"
	EndSubSection
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth		16
		Modes		"1024x768"  "800x600"
	EndSubSection
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth		24
		Modes		"1024x768"  "800x600"
	EndSubSection
EndSection

... I remember reading somewhere (maybe on this list?)that the "ChipID" was needed.
I don't how to find this or "MemBas" or "IOBas". Can this xorg.conf be improved?

 I also sorted out the mouse. Thanks Esteban Monge. Like this:

/etc/sysctl.conf:

>dev/mac_hid/mouse_button3_keycode = 125
>dev/mac_hid/mouse_button2_keycode = 126
>dev/mac_hid/mouse_button_emulation = 1
>
>Configure the mouse to: This map the apple key as a right click and the Fn apple key >as a click from the middle button.
>
>Source: http://seb.france.free.fr/linux/ibookG4/iBookG4-howto-9.html#ss9.7

... which works, accept I don't seem to have an "Fn apple" key for the middle click.

This box cute little box is for my six year old son, and he loves supertuxkart, which doesn't even start up. But maybe, just maybe, with some herd ware accelleration ... do think so?

Anyway, thanks to everyones insightful and rapid responses, I have a totaly usable machine (after a good week of brain strain). Thank you so much.

P.S. Have I made a mess of the Subject?