Re: snd-aos not working on a PowerBook6,2 (PowerBook G4 12")

Le Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 02:46:05PM +0200, Vincent Lefevre a écrit :
> On 2008-08-19 09:25:26 +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > snd-powermac was making the system freeze on G5 iMacs. That's why it
> > was disabled around Etch release.
>
> But the consequence is that sound no longer works on old PowerBooks. :(
> This way of "fixing" things really sucks.

Hi Vincent,

I agree, but if I understand correctly, the choice was between sound not
working out of the box on some computers, or Debian crashing out of the
box on some others... Furthermore, although the information is well
hidden, it is present in the erratas:
http://www.debian.org/releases/etch/debian-installer/index.en.html

If there a chance that snd-powermac does not crash iMacs G5 anymore, I
volunteer to make tests. Does anybody know if the code of snd-powermac
evolved since 2006?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy