Re: Suggestions for running Mac OS 9.0.1 on debian-x86-64

Christian Jaeger wrote:
Jérôme Warnier wrote:
In this case, why bother using MOL?
Just install Mac OS 9 directly under your qemu VM.

We're waiting for your confirmation that you have first-hand experience of running Mac OS 9 directly under qemu, or can refer to reports of doing that successfully.

On http://www.claunia.com:16080/qemu/ , which is being linked by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_virtual_machines , I can read "GuestOS: MacOS, Version: 9.0, Guest system: Heathrow PowerMac, Working: No".

On http://qemu-forum.ipi.fi/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4284 one can read a post from Feb 03, 2008 in a thread named "Call for ideas!": "More urgent items would be (...) Classic (Mac OS 9) support (...)"

Did you really want to say: "In this case, I wonder if it wouldn't be possible to run Mac OS 9 directly under qemu. Maybe you didn't realize that this might be supported and should research that topic? I would be interested in the outcome." ?
Yes.

And my rationale behind was that adding virtualization levels would certainly not help achieving decent stability or performance. But if reports say it does not work, then it's another story of course, ... Sorry for misleading you with my lack of experience.

Christian.