Re: Suggestions for running Mac OS 9.0.1 on debian-x86-64

Jérôme Warnier wrote:
In this case, why bother using MOL?
Just install Mac OS 9 directly under your qemu VM.

We're waiting for your confirmation that you have first-hand experience of running Mac OS 9 directly under qemu, or can refer to reports of doing that successfully.

On http://www.claunia.com:16080/qemu/ , which is being linked by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_virtual_machines , I can read "GuestOS: MacOS, Version: 9.0, Guest system: Heathrow PowerMac, Working: No".

On http://qemu-forum.ipi.fi/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4284 one can read a post from Feb 03, 2008 in a thread named "Call for ideas!": "More urgent items would be (...) Classic (Mac OS 9) support (...)"

Did you really want to say: "In this case, I wonder if it wouldn't be possible to run Mac OS 9 directly under qemu. Maybe you didn't realize that this might be supported and should research that topic? I would be interested in the outcome." ?

Christian.