Re: a couple of small sound issues with mac mini

2008/4/30, chomiak7737@att.net <chomiak7737@att.net>:
>  Btw pcspkr is the designation in the kernel for the pc speaker; it is
>  loaded according to my lsmod so I'm assuming until I find out otherwise
>  that it just isn't working currently on the mini.

You are saying that pcspkr is responsible for (a) the beep generated
when you press backspace in the terminal's first column and (b) sound
generated when gdm loads. Is it just a short beep or some kind of
music? I mean, in the latter case it is probably a wav file played by
gdm.

You couldn't find (in dmesg) any sign of pcspkr attaching to the input
system? This would probably be the mechanism that makes it possible to
generate sound when keys are pressed.

Risto