Re: a couple of small sound issues with mac mini

Thanks to those who have tried to help with this problem.

I am running the 2.6.24 kernel and snd-aoa is being used. Autodetect )is
this what was meant by automute) is on and I'm happy enough with the sound
even though pcm is the only way of controlling the volume and there are no
other mixer items: just headphones, speakers, and pcm. The only problem I
really have is not getting the sounds that would usually come through the
pc speaker; this isn't a huge problem but I hope it will be solved
eventually; not sure if this is across macs or specific to the mac mini.
Btw pcspkr is the designation in the kernel for the pc speaker; it is
loaded according to my lsmod so I'm assuming until I find out otherwise
that it just isn't working currently on the mini.

thanks again for the input.

--

Cheryl

"Where your treasure is,