Re: How to build ps3-utils from source

2008/4/24, Norberto Feliberty <thegame4121982@msn.com>:

>  Hi how can I verify if I have properly build and installed ps3-utils? I tried ps3videomode to switch my screen resolution but it says command not found. the build output did not show any errors when running ./configure, make, and make install.  I also did the same for the ps3-utils/lib directory and no errors there eitehr. Thanks for the help all.

Perhaps you don't have the command on the path. The output from 'make
install' should give you a hint about where the commands were
installed. Or './configure --help' should show the defaults which you
apparently didn't change. Look for PREFIX and EPREFIX. I have no
experience on this exact package, but mostly they follow these rules.

Once you have located the command directory, you can add it to your
execution path by editing the file .profile or .bash_profile in your
home directory. If you find the commands in, say, /usr/local/bin, you
would append the line:

PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin

Afterwards you must logout an login to make it work.

Risto