Re: Mouse doesn't work on iBook G4 after sleep in Sid

On Fri, Mar 28 2008, at 10:45 +0100, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> > On Tuesday 25 March 2008, Denís Fernández Cabrera wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I dist-upgraded, last weekend, to the lastest version of Sid on the
> > > repositories for my iBook G4 (summer 2005). Generally, it works very
> > > well (it did fix several bugs that I was suffering till now), but I
> > > mouse support after suspension doesn't.
> > >
> > > After suspending the system (e.g. by closing the lid) it resumes
> > > correctly, but the mouse is useless. It won't move or receive any
> > > clicks, and restarting X doesn't help. I have to do a full system
> > > restart for the mouse to work again.
>
> I also see this occasionally.

I never (knocking on wood :) saw that with this version (seen via
'git describe'):

v2.6.25-rc3-81-g7704a8b

It works both on a Powerbook5,8 and on an old TiBook - and the version
above has an additional patch applied. The patch - from Ben - is here:

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/linuxppc/patch?order=state&id=17107

This kernel works like a charm here since about 4 weeks on a
PowerBook5,8 and, since a few days, on the tibook. Both computers with
a - in the meantime - relatively fresh unstable system.

I've uploaded this kernel quite some time ago to rapidshare:
<http://rapidshare.com/files/96992135/linux-image-2.6.25-rc3-g7704a8b-with-ben.s-pmu-patch_2008.02.29_powerpc.deb.html>
md5sum: 7a7613e0c52e179acf7caacaa3890901

Please have a look at the .config before installing - this kernel is
heavily modularized.

My /etc/modules file (I believe lm75 is useless in there - might be
worth to be removed from it ... :):

----------------------------------
# /etc/modules: kernel modules to load at boot time.
#
# This file contains the names of kernel modules that should be loaded
# at boot time, one per line. Lines beginning with "#" are ignored.

apm_emu
ide-cd
#ide-disk
#ide-generic
sbp2
i2c-powermac
#snd-powermac

#snd-aoa:
#soundbus
#i2sbus
#snd-aoa
#snd-aoa-fabric-layout
#snd-aoa-codec-onyx
# End snd-aoa

cpufreq_performance
cpufreq_powersave
cpufreq_ondemand
sr_mod
therm_adt746x limit_adjust=-3
lm75

IIRC:

Please note that dpkg upon install might complain about a missing
source dir (linked to from /lib/modules) - at least on the tibook -
where this dir is missing - this wasn't a problem ..)

Best Regards
Wolfgang
--
http://heelsbroke.blogspot.com/