Re: Mouse doesn't work on iBook G4 after sleep in Sid

On Tuesday 25 March 2008, Denís Fernández Cabrera wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I dist-upgraded, last weekend, to the lastest version of Sid on the
> repositories for my iBook G4 (summer 2005). Generally, it works very
> well (it did fix several bugs that I was suffering till now), but I
> mouse support after suspension doesn't.
>
> After suspending the system (e.g. by closing the lid) it resumes
> correctly, but the mouse is useless. It won't move or receive any
> clicks, and restarting X doesn't help. I have to do a full system
> restart for the mouse to work again.
>
> I'd like to fix this issue because it is quite important, since not
> even restarting the X will help. Perhaps it is a matter of modules
> that don't get reloaded after suspension?

There is an opened bug on this [1], but nothing seems to move.
I've the same problem and it is really annoying have to poweroff the
laptop even for the few minutes needed to move from a place to
another...

I've investigated a bit with google, and i was able to find a change in
the appletouch driver relative to the 'Geyser mode' [2], but i don't
know if that change is the responsible of the bug.
Unfortunately i don't have the time to investigate with git bisect.
I've also tried the 2.6.25 from the kernel-team repository and the bug
is still there...

I hope that Johannes Berg is reading us and can fix it soon ;))
(Johannes, thanks for your work, really ;))

Regards,
Francesco

[2]
http://www.linuxhq.com/kernel/v2.6/24/drivers/input/mouse/appletouch.c