OFF-TOPIC: debian-powerpc or debian-boot for d-i issues [was:

Hi All

On Fri, Apr 20 2007, at 22:46 +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 09:42:00PM +0200, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
> > Hi All

> > Sven, please: stick to the whole truth. They didn't kick you just for
> > different opinions on software matters. One reason they did that was
> > obviously the fact - if I'm not very much mistaken - that you were
> > threatening one person physically:
>
> On the 27th of marsch, while my mother was dying in el salvador, i went
> to read debian-boot to change my ideas, and forwarded to debian-boot a
> single mail from i don't remember who who had problems with d-i giving
> my best advice, which was not so good after all. Within days, i was
> removed from the d-i team, and my svn commit access removed, without
> they even telling me, and i discovered this fact a full month later,
> when, after the funeral and other issues which had to be handled, i
> started again working on debian, more specifically the apus and prep
> ports.

I think I've heard this side of the story, or sides similar to this
one, again and again: ad nauseam, I must say. But I don't remember
having ever read about the threats against Jonas when reading your
comments, or at least not on this list. And these threats - believe it
or not - were crucial when they decided to kick you. Read again this,
please:

> > http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2006/03/msg00620.html
>
> Bullshit, bad english is the cause of this,

I really hope so. Tho' I have serious doubts it was just bad
English. At any rate: you cannot simply point the finger to others
after this and ignore the speech you've given.

>  my intentions was to tell jonas, that i hope we didn't meet again
> in public, since after 4 days of trying calmly and constructively to
> solve the RC bug at cause with this problem, he managed to get me in
> such a state of frustration and anger, that i doubt i would have
> been able to control myself in RL, (and would probably thus go away
> from him and stop to try to solve the issue, like i did when i meet
> him in erkelenz and he explained me during half an hour that no, we
> should not look at the RC bug which was causing the kernel to be
> uninstallable for months on the pegasos).
>
> History tells that i was right about the bug in question,

Working together with others isn't just a matter of being right or
wrong in technical issues. I believe you know that. It is on a large
scale determined how persons can cope personally with each other.

> > And under such circumstances, Sven, in nearly every professional
> > environment you would have had 5 minutes to pack. Maximum.
>
> In a professional environment, this guys, would have been removed long
> ago, and have no chance to cause further damage to his motivated
> co-workers. In a professional environment half the asocial people
> composing debina and with delussions of power, would have been sent
> packing years before i ever was a problem, and i would have been able to
> sue for harrasment for what the d-i team did against me, and i would
> have gotten damage money when they chose to expulse me like they did
> earlier this month.
>
> > So if you really want to talk about history, tell us just the whole
>
> I have always told the whole truth to all who would listen, and i take
> it as an extreme insult to my honour that you dare call me a liar like
> this, and i would hope you take this back quickly.

Slow down. Please. I didn't call you a liar. And I didn't even think
about that. Instead I asked you to tell us the whole truth - and I
should have added: "and not just some part of it".

> Well, possibly, but have i ever given something else here than good and
> honest advice ? Was i ever less than helpful to people asking
> question ?

I never doubted your seriousness when helping others here. And I still
don't do that.

> Thruthful and blunt sometimes maybe.

Being blunt - if it just means to stick to reality as it is when
reporting it - can help.

> And sorry if this is a sore point for me, but i think you would
> understand my position too. (and ask me if you want pointers to what
> really happened, i will send them to you in private).

I don't want to have this whole story again and again in my inbox. The
details being publicly available are more than enough.

Instead - if I may say - it might help if you get things straight with
the folks actually involved. Jonas, Andres. Whoever.

HTH

Best Regards

Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Pfeiffer: /ICQ: 286585973/ + + +  /AIM: crashinglinux/
http://profiles.yahoo.com/wolfgangpfeiffer

I made slight changes on Key ID: E3037113. Please refresh it.
http://keyserver.mine.nu/pks/lookup?search=0xE3037113&fingerprint=on