Re: Install 4.0 r0 "Etch" on IBM p5 510 inside LPAR

On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 05:40:51PM +0200, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 19 2007, at 15:05 +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 04:03:22PM +0200, Gottfried Scheckenbach wrote:
> > > Hello to all,
> >
> > This is the wrong list to handle installer related issues.
>
> Wrong. He tried a Debian install. And he tried it on powerpc. So he's
> at the fully correct place here.
>
> It won't hurt to crosspost if we know there's a specific list for a
> specific issue.
>
> But if I have to go for every specific problem - and all issues are
> specific - to a specific list I'm sooner or later in an impossible
> and non-manageable situation.

Well, let's step into reality here, none of the debian-installer folk
really follow this list, and when one year ago i forwarded a report of
this kind to debian-boot, it set the events into motion which led to one
year of flamewar and hate.

Installer related questions should be filled in the BTS, as installation
reports, and failing that, posted to debian-boot.

Furthermore, if it is a kernel issue, it is also best to post it to
debian-kernel, or better yet to file a bug report against the kernel.
The debian-installer folk will forward it to the right place already,
which is why it is best to always file a bug report, instead of mailing
on a list where the two most concerned group of people are not going to
hear about it.

Friendly,

Sven Luther