Re: Installing Debain - Pdisk - Apple_bootstrap imac not Bootable

Ivan Kabaivanov wrote:

> On Saturday 08 December 2007, flebber wrote:
>> P Kapat wrote:

>> with

>> worried
>> get

>> > I am not particularly aware of the "Bondi Blue" model, but for "New
>> > World" machines (iBook G4 for instance) i think one is supposed to
>> > press (and keep pressed for sufficiently long) the 'C' key immediately
>> > after powering on the system. This makes the machine boot from the
>> > cdrom. I know this works on my iBook G4, but I don't know if it works
>> > on every other apple machine. I think some else might provide a better
>> > a idea.
>> >
>> > HTH,
>> > --
>> > Regards
>> > PK
>>
>> If it helps here is a link to the model I have
>> http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/imac/stats/imac_ab.html
>> http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/imac/stats/imac_ab.html
>>
>> I did try holding down C but it seemed to have no effect for me also I
>> tried command+Option+shift+delete but again that didn't seem to work for
>> me.
>

> Holding the "c" button shortly after you hear the Mac chime will
> universally
> boot a Mac from cdrom, NewWorld and OldWorld alike.
>
> Check if you burned the cd-r correctly.  Check the md5sum of the iso you
> downloaded.  Can you boot this cd-r on another mac?  Can you boot MacOSX
> (or
> Mac Classic) cdrom on this machine?
>
> IvanK.
>

>> command+option+o+f  does get me to a prompt but cannot seem to get the
>> cd-rom to boot from here.
>>
>> I was trying different key combinations I found at this site but cannot
>> get
>> a go  http://www.jacsoft.co.nz/Tech_Notes/Mac_Keys.htm
>> http://www.jacsoft.co.nz/Tech_Notes/Mac_Keys.htm
>> --
>>Bootable-tf4965919.html#a14225977 Sent from the debian-powerpc mailing
list
>> archive at Nabble.com.
>

> --

I have got it too work and reinstalled mac 9. I set the drive up as
MacOS/Preferred Linux. Then reboot held down c and this time the debian cd-r
has booted haven't completed install yet but a lot further than before.

Thanks for the help