Re: Installing Debain - Pdisk - Apple_bootstrap imac not Bootable

On 12/7/07, flebber <ubuntu@netspace.net.au> wrote:

> I am trying to install debain via 4.0r1 net.iso I couldn't get yaboot to
> start cd-rom correctly so used pdisk to delete Apple_HFS partition and
> recreate it as Apple_bootstrap so that yaboot may recognize it.
>
> However on reboot disaster Imac now only boots up to a grey screen with a
> picture of a floppy disk and a flashing question mark.
>
> I believe it it is a powerpc 750 called "Bondi Blue" . I am not worried
> particularly about dual booting with Mac Os I wanted to set this up
> hopefully for my Mother in Law in needs a computer so was hoping to get a
> debian kde install up ?
>
> What can I do ?

I am not particularly aware of the "Bondi Blue" model, but for "New
World" machines (iBook G4 for instance) i think one is supposed to
press (and keep pressed for sufficiently long) the 'C' key immediately
after powering on the system. This makes the machine boot from the
cdrom. I know this works on my iBook G4, but I don't know if it works
on every other apple machine. I think some else might provide a better
a idea.

HTH,
--
Regards