Re: Radeon / PowerPC (iBook G4) / Help sought with weird colorization of External LCD

On Mon, 2007-10-15 at 00:47 +0900, Jarrod @ HappyAtJamos wrote:

> As far as the colours go though, correct me if I'm wrong but the new Xrandr
> setup uses one set of "gamma gear" (CLUTs?) for *both* screens.
> Would this indeed be the case?
>
> Which means I can no longer specify corrective profiles individually
> using "xcalib".

It looks like xcalib uses the XFree86-VidModeExtension extension, which
only exposes a single CLUT for each X protocol screen. RandR 1.2 exposes
the CLUT of each CRTC individually, see the *CrtcGamma* requests
in /usr/share/doc/x11proto-randr-dev/randrproto.txt.gz . It looks like
the xrandr utility doesn't expose them yet though, so it/xcalib/...
would need to be extended/adapted for them.

> Any change to the internal LCD profile affects the external monitor too.
> And the colours on the external monitor are pretty funky!

Even without playing with gamma at all? If that's with Option "MacModel"
"ibook", you should probably file a bug at http://bugs.freedesktop.org