no sound - iBook G3

Hi,

I've just installed etch, but I have no sound. I've tried googling and
looking at list archives, but I'm not sure what needs to be done. I'm
pretty new to Linux. I added snd-powermac to my /etc/modules and now
the master volume seems to be registering but still no output. When I
run Amarok it says that xine cannot find a sound driver. I'm not sure
what I need or don't need to have installed and I'd rather not just
start blindly installing alsa packages. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bob