How to modify default keyboard map in PowerBook G4

Hey Guys,

Just installed Debian etch and it's working great! Only issue is with Midnight
Commander. Debian has automatically detected the F1-F6 keys in the PowerBook as
brightness +/-, volume +/-, numlock, and mute, respectively. Now, I can't seem
to use MidnightCommander F1-F6 since they are mapped to the above mentioned keys.

Anybody has similar issues? Any suggestions? If I do remap the keyboard, how do
I adjust screen brightness as I am currently not using any desktop environment?

Thanks for all the help,
Amit