Re: no sound - iBook G3

Dnia 03-08-2007, pią o godzinie 13:37 -0600, Bob Lounsbury napisał(a):
> Hi,
>
> I've just installed etch, but I have no sound. I've tried googling and
> looking at list archives, but I'm not sure what needs to be done. I'm
> pretty new to Linux. I added snd-powermac to my /etc/modules and now
> the master volume seems to be registering but still no output. When I
> run Amarok it says that xine cannot find a sound driver. I'm not sure
> what I need or don't need to have installed and I'd rather not just
> start blindly installing alsa packages. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

I guess that snd-aoa could be the module that you need to load in order
to get sound on your machine. I'm not sure if it covers yours, but it is
supposed to obsolete snd-powermac, so if your iBook is supported by
snd-aoa then you'll have better luck trying it out. Perhaps Johannes
Berg can shed some light on this subject.
--
Andrzej Mendel <amendel@wp.pl>