Re: [iBook 300Mhz] ybin: undocumented error ?

Hi Ennio.
After an apt-get dist-upgrade I could not dual-(tripple)-boot my ibook g3
(Dual-USB late 2001 with 40 GB disk).
Even a total new install of macos, macx, debain-etch did'nt help; Ubuntu-PPC
did'nt help, changing the install-routine did'nt help ...
Always all three OS were on the disk, but I could only access macx and
linux. ybin was no help - though it reported no error and found the
macos-partition. My best guess: something with the "blessing" went wrong.

My solution: (Dont ask me why it worked!)
Step 1: Installing all three os (1. repartitioning the disk with the
mac9.1-CDROM, then install macos, then install macx10.0.4, install last
linux)
Step 2: configure yaboot.conf for all three; run ybin -v: all three os were
found, but only macx and linux bootable
Step 3: Insert a USB-Stick
Step 4: Boot from mac9.1-CDROM
- the USB is shown on the desktop
Step 5: Try to install mac9.1 on the USB-Stick!
- some Error-messages came up - I didnt bother
Step 5: Reboot from disk: all three os were bootable!

(N.B. Had to re-format the USB-Stick with cfdisk - small issue)

Hope this helps a bit.
Another tip:
hattrib can change hfs-formated file attributes. Since I have hfsplus it was
no help for me.
Even mol works fine (beside some CDROM issues)

Norbert