Re: No dual boot after installing Debian Etch on iBook

Elimar Riesebieter <riesebie@lxtec.de> <
> [2007-06-10]:
>  On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 the mental interface of
>  Ennio-Sr told:
>
>  [...]
> > Then I rebooted from a _powerpc net-installer_ CD and installed the
> > Debian_40r0-powerpc, re-partitioning the big Debian partition into 13
> > ext2 parts plus a small Apple_bootstrap one. Added the macos= line in
> > /etc/yaboot.conf, ran ybin and rebooted.
>
>  AFAIK, installing from a MAC-CD an "Apple_bootstrap one" is created
>  by default. If you're creating a new one the entries will be
>  overwritten, ergo OS9 infos are lost for firmware.

Hmm ... but all the _How-tos_ I red say that partition must be created in
order to be able to boot Linux /and/ the ather systems ... and as it is
supposed to be 830K it must be made by lynux (Apple's minimun is 32M) !

Ciao,
	Ennio

--
[Perche' usare Win$ozz (dico io) se ..."anche uno sciocco sa farlo.    \\?//
 Fa' qualche cosa di cui non sei capace!"   (diceva Henry Miller) ]    (°|°)