Re: Latest possible dual boot installation on iBook 300Mhz

* Pierre Bauduin <pierre@baudu.in> <

>  2007/6/9, Ennio-Sr <nasr.laili@tin.it>:
> > [...]
>
>  Did you try what I explain at the end of Debian bug number 422836 ?
>  Look at http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=422836
>
>  Here's the "trick" I found:
>
>  The only way I know to fix this is:
>  Boot on a bootable System 7.x or MacOS 8.x floppy
>  Double-click "Apple HD SC Setup 7.3.5"
>  Choose "Update"
>  Reboot the machine

Yes, I read about your trick but could not try it as I do not have a
MacOS 8.x floppy (my iBook doesn't even carry a floppy drive!  I
could possibly try to masterize  the  application on a CD, but who knows
how I could make it from a GNU/Linux system; perhaps I could put on a CD
the application.iso, if I had one.)
For the time being I can only boot from MacOS 9 CD and do nothing, as it
doesn't see the disk at all. If I try to boot from a MacOS X CD I only
get a continuously spinning disk and no booting: either ruined CD or
dying CD drive ;(

Thanks for your help, anyway.
Regards,
	Ennio

--
[Perche' usare Win$ozz (dico io) se ..."anche uno sciocco sa farlo.    \\?//
 Fa' qualche cosa di cui non sei capace!"   (diceva Henry Miller) ]    (°|°)