Re: debian-powerpc or debian-boot for d-i issues [ was Re: Install 4.0 r0 "Etch" on IBM p5 510 inside LPAR ]

On Sat, Apr 21, 2007 at 11:22:27AM +0200, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 20 2007, at 23:04 +0200, Hans Ekbrand wrote:

> > > ????
> > >
> > > Sven, please: stick to the whole truth. They didn't kick you just for
> > > different opinions on software matters.
> >
> > Sven have not claimed that. Read his post again if you think it does
> > state such a thing.
>
> Have you read
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2006/03/msg00621.html

Be aware that the above is at least partially full of lies :

  "Yes, I have tried talking to him."

  This is a lie, he never tried talking to me, and the first time i
  heard about him being discontent was when he posted an irc quote of a
  conversation he was not even involved in to debian-vote, asking if
  such behaviour was acceptable.

  "After a number of blowups on the
  debian-kernel list, myself and a number of kernel team members have
  talked to him to calm him down (and in some cases getting him to
  apologize)."

  No idea what he is speaking about, this is another lie.

  "The rest of the IRC log
  from when he threatened Jonas is basically me attempting to show Sven
  how destructive his behavior is.  The fact that, a week later, he
  continues w/ this behavior (after years of doing the same thing) is
  why you're seeing this request."

  and he don't mention the fact that the troubles started with Manoj
  and Jonas, who many others than me have problems with, and which i had
  to figth with to get the 2.6.12->2.6.14 migration done, with the
  success that we know, with the same-day-as-upstream upload of 2.6.14.

  Manoj and Jonas are only marginally part of the kernel team, and even
  at that time, Andres was not contributing since months.

so, beware of what you read on the internet, not everything on it is
true, and nothing is ever so black and white as those guys wanted to
make believe. Everyone who has ever meet me in RL, or interacted with me
here will without doubt confirm that the portray that Andres, and later
other folk have done of me is all but at best a very warped deformation
of reality.

It is sad to see this kind of thing in debian, but over the past year, i
have expected to not be surprised by anything coming from debian, and
this culminated by the expulsion procedure being restarted the day after
i presented myself as DPL candidate, probably by Frans Pop humself, from
the few evidence i have seen.

Friendly,

Sven Luther