Re: A friendly plea for Linux PPC help!

Hi Anthony,

I see you've discovered the powerpc mailing list. That's good. It's the place where all the expertise is concentrated.

While I appreciate your frustration, the best thing to do is ask one (or at most two related) simple question(s) per posting. You'll get the best and most directed response from that.

In the mean time, take a look at

http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2007/01/msg00055.html

It may be helpful to you.

And, of course, there's lot of useful information in the rest of the archives at

http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/

Rick

PS: Can you explain in a few sentences why you don't like booting with BootX? It works well for me -- and saves endless frustration.