Re: Mac mini: serious clock drift

On Sun, Mar 11, 2007 at 09:54:37PM +0100, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
> BTW: do these "time crashes" happen because of OF limitations? Because
> I don't remember having had the time being ruined like that when I had
> crashes on BIOS based computers ...
>
> I doubt it's the battery also, because I had these crashes just a few
> months after I bought the machine:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2006/05/msg00400.html

Unless something has changed compared to older models, this is a symptom
of a full PMU reset. The PMU chip tracks the time and normally never
stops running, but if you crash the system hard enough or completely
remove all power the clock will get reset as well. It's not really OF
related since even some m68k based Macs can get into a similar state.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com