Re: Suspend to disk on iBook G4 (mid 2005)

Hi !

On 13 Feb 2007 06:56:45 GMT, Jack Malmostoso <jackmalmostoso@freesurf.ch> wrote:
> What is triggering your suspend-to-disk ? Is that powerprefs ?
Yes, I do have pbbuttonsd and powerprefs installed.

I tried to configure powerprefs and pbbuttonsd to trigger
suspend-to-disk on button action. When I do that, I see in the logs
that the script "/etc/power/pmcs-pbbuttonsd suspend ac disk" has been
successfully launched, but nothing happens. The same occurs when I
execute that script from the command line.

Ouch, an oops!
This should be analyzed by a kernel hacker, I am afraid.
If you can't get any answer here, consider searching the LKML archives and
eventually post there. I am sure they'll be helpful there!

yes, this kernel oops sounds bad.... I did other tries this morning
with hibernate and I got different results, but all in the same spirit
:( (complete freeze with no message at all, a lot of output (all the
time the same message scrolling), some messages that I haven't time to
read, since the computer turned off immediately)....

It is a bit sad, since it is the only thing that does not work correctly....

Cedric