Re: linux-kernel-di-powerpc-2.6_1.24_powerpc.changes REJECTED

On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 04:07:08PM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thursday 30 November 2006 15:49, you wrote:
> > That's not what I was asking - during run (install) time, there is no way
> > to pull udebs off the net then, I gather?
>
> If you use your own mirror and modify that, you can. It's even explained in
> the d-i developer documentation how to do this, as this is a FAQ.

Won't work, because you need a full mirror. Even a mirror with only the .udebs
will complain that there are no .deb archive. Been there, done that, filled
bug report about it.

> > Just to make myself clear: I do _not_ consider hiding a note on how to
> > silence the fans in the release notes' errata to be sufficient according
> > to Debian quality standards. Not the standards I've come to expect from
> > past releases, at least.
>
> I completly agree, but you seem to be not aware, that we are talking about RC1
> of the debian-installer and RC1 means "Release Candiate 1".
>
> It's called "RC1", "testing" and "unstable" for reasons.
>
> The only reason I care about this info in the release notes for RC1, is to
> have this issue solved (by documenting a workaround) in etch as well. In
> unstable it's fixed.

You did notice that i did mention that fact in the reply to frans call for
review on the RC1 erratas, right ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther