Re: linux-kernel-di-powerpc-2.6_1.24_powerpc.changes REJECTED

> On Thursday 30 November 2006 15:49, you wrote:
> > That's not what I was asking - during run (install) time, there is no way
> > to pull udebs off the net then, I gather?
>
> If you use your own mirror and modify that, you can. It's even explained in
> the d-i developer documentation how to do this, as this is a FAQ.

Listen, can you seriously imagine anybody testing the installer will first
read the developer documentation? Or (the horror!) know how to set up
their own mirror?

> > Just to make myself clear: I do _not_ consider hiding a note on how to
> > silence the fans in the release notes' errata to be sufficient according
> > to Debian quality standards. Not the standards I've come to expect from
> > past releases, at least.
>
> I completly agree, but you seem to be not aware, that we are talking about RC1
> of the debian-installer and RC1 means "Release Candiate 1".

I'm aware RC1 means release candidate. I was not aware what release
candidate means, by the definition of the d-i team.

> It's called "RC1", "testing" and "unstable" for reasons.

It should be renamed "testing-I-dare-you" for a reason, sadly.

> The only reason I care about this info in the release notes for RC1, is to
> have this issue solved (by documenting a workaround) in etch as well. In
> unstable it's fixed.

I sure hope the issue will be properly solved in the release, not just by
documenting a workaround. Who cares if it's solved in unstable? Unstable
never releases :-)