GWorkspace doesn't work in Sarge

Hello, all!

I have a Power Macintosh 7500/100 running Debian Sarge.

I have recently switched from KDE to GNUStep/WindowMaker, and I am having a problem with GWorkspace.

I used aptitude to install "^gnustep$" (without the quotes) and then remove "kde-core". I have not installed "wdm" yet, so I am using xdm.

When I go to launch GWorkspace, I get a sequence of 15 error messages.

1)"Critical Error in GWorkspace

NSInternalInconsistencyException: unable to contact GDNC server
please check that the gdnc process is running

Ignore Abort"

I clicked "Ignore".

2) "GWorkspace

Application may already be running with the same name

Rename Abort Continue"

I clicked "Continue".

3) "GWorkspace

Unable to register application with ANY name"

Continue Abort"

I clicked "Continue".

4) "Quit!

So you really want to quit?

Yes No"

I clicked "No".

5) "Gworkspace

Starting:fswatcher" (progress thermometer)

(Not really an error message.)

6) "Unable to contact fswatcher

fswatcher notifications disabled

OK"

I clicked "OK".

7) "The mtab parh is not set. Using default value

OK"

I clicked "OK".

8) "The mount points for removeable media are not defined. Using default values

OK"

I clicked "OK".

9) Same as 1)

10) "Critical Error in GWorkspace

NSRecursiveLockException: unlock: failed to unlock mutex

Ignore Abort"

I clicked "Ignore".

11) Finally, a GWorkspace window appears. I cannot move the scrollbar or click in the lowest part of window to navigate file system.

(Not really an error message.)

12) "GWorkspace

Starting:ddbd" (progress thermometer)

(Not really an error message.)

13)"Unable to contact ddbd

OK"

I clicked "OK".

14) Same as 1)

15) Same as 10)

I gave up at this point.

Can anyone help sort out why GWorkspace doesn't work? I would really appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Sincerely,
--
Jeffrey Rolland
<jrolland@wiremail.org>