Re: iBook power button calls shutdown/restart dialog

Sjoerd Simons wrote:
On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 12:00:38PM +0000, James Dunn wrote:
Sjoerd Simons wrote:
On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 11:41:51AM +0000, James Dunn wrote:
Hi,

I would like my iBook power button to call the shut down / restart dialog within gnome when it is pressed.. Can someone tell me how to do this? I've searched all over the internet to no avail. The keycode is 222, according to xev. Do I need to use something like xmodmap..?
Just installing gnome-power-manager should work. I'm not sure what the default
is but you can configure the power button to either shutdown/suspend the
machine or ask you what to do.

 Sjoerd
I see that the latest version of gnome-power-manager is running by default but I only have options for "Running on AC", "Running on battery" and "General" which include things like "put display to sleep" and "put computer to sleep", etc.. No power button config option.

Ah right. The UI for configuring that is only there since G2.16. For G2.14 you can only change it by setting the /apps/gnome-power-manager/action_button_power gconf key.

Sorry for the confusion
  Sjoerd
I had a look at gconf-editor and found the entry for gnome-power-manager: action_button_power
It's set to interactive, but next to key owner it says: (none)
Could this be the problem? How can I change it? It's not selectable in gconf-editor.