Re: iBook power button calls shutdown/restart dialog

On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 11:41:51AM +0000, James Dunn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like my iBook power button to call the shut down / restart
> dialog within gnome when it is pressed.. Can someone tell me how to do
> this? I've searched all over the internet to no avail. The keycode is
> 222, according to xev. Do I need to use something like xmodmap..?

Just installing gnome-power-manager should work. I'm not sure what the default
is but you can configure the power button to either shutdown/suspend the
machine or ask you what to do.

  Sjoerd
--
"The chain which can be yanked is not the eternal chain."
		-- G. Fitch