Re: Sonnet Crescendo/PCI G4 Processor Upgrade Card with Debian Sarge

On Oct 28, 2006, at 8:20 PM, John Schmidt wrote:

On Saturday 28 October 2006 19:11, Jeffrey Rolland wrote:
Hello, all!

I have a Power Macintosh 7500/100 running Debian Sarge. I would like
to upgrade this from the 100MHz processor it has to a Sonnet
Crescendo/PCI G4 1GHz processor upgrade card, but I am not sure it
will work with the kernel. I had heard that Yellow Dog Linux won't
work with an upgrade card, which sparks my concern.

Does anyone have any experience upgrading processors with Debian in
Old World Mac? I'd really like to do this, but don't feel like
wasting $200 on something that won't work.

Sincerely,
--
Jeffrey Rolland
<jrolland@wiremail.org>

I have an upgrade card in my mac 9500 clone -- it's a 455 MHz G3 and it worked fine with both Yellow Dog (albeit years ago) and with Debian (currently).

John

Thanks, that helps alleviate my fears.

Sincerely,
--