Sonnet Crescendo/PCI G4 Processor Upgrade Card with Debian Sarge

Hello, all!

I have a Power Macintosh 7500/100 running Debian Sarge. I would like to upgrade this from the 100MHz processor it has to a Sonnet Crescendo/PCI G4 1GHz processor upgrade card, but I am not sure it will work with the kernel. I had heard that Yellow Dog Linux won't work with an upgrade card, which sparks my concern.

Does anyone have any experience upgrading processors with Debian in Old World Mac? I'd really like to do this, but don't feel like wasting $200 on something that won't work.

Sincerely,
--
Jeffrey Rolland
<jrolland@wiremail.org>