Re: old world nonsense, please rectify

On Sat, Oct 21, 2006 at 08:38:06PM -0700, brian wrote:
> i was figuring there was something wrong with
> the 2.6.15 kernel. why it was deleted from
> the debian archives when some old world power
> macs still need it, and nobody responding to
> any of my postings here.

This is a known problem, please help get it fixed in time for the etch
release.

> but today i find this:
> http://packages.ubuntulinux.org/dapper/base/linux-image-2.6.15-23-powerpc
>
> so why am i still booting 2.6.15-1 in debian ?

Debian/etch will ship with 2.6.18, on all arches. This currently has some
issues on oldworld powermac, something probably minor to fix, but major in
that actually booting does not work.

What we need is someone interested enough in this issue to follow it,
summarize the actual solution, and investigate with upstream how to fix this.

Friendly,

Sven Luther