Re: couldn't boot from cdrom

hi, i have a 2000 laptop with a lot of upgraded
parts including g4 and a 2003 combo drive.

occasionally, sometimes more frequently i have
trouble related to the combo drive, either
linux hangs (not always obvious it is sometime
does not see the cd/dvd at all like you said,
or the buttons of holding down option key stalls.

in most cases a restart will reset it to work.
usually this means a warm restart, holding down
the ctrl command/apple and power keys all at once
(sometimes a simple restart in macos using the menu
will either hang or tell me to use the power key, but
in the latter case i actually do have to use the
"three finger salute".

probably others have suggestions i am just relaying
my experience.

brian

--- Keywan Najafi Tonekaboni <lists@prometoys.net>