Re: pbbuttons with sysfs backlight support

On Tue, 3 Oct 2006 22:23:31 +0000 (UTC)
Jörg Sommer <joerg@alea.gnuu.de> wrote:

Hi Jörg,

> % gettext --version
> gettext (GNU gettext-runtime) 0.15

Oops. This version is not yet in the testing archive. They still use
0.14.6

> % autoconf --version
> autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.60a

With this version I got warnings about unsupported path variables in
Makefile.in of the gettext package. Maybe this is fixed with gettext
0.15. Until this all is part of testing I stick to 2.59a (stable)

> % automake --version
> automake (GNU automake) 1.9.6

I use the same.

> > I can't reproduce this error. Do you have libasound2-dev installed?
>
> No. It's not a build dependency. But with it configure still fails,
> because automake failed, because cvs could not checkout the file NEWS

You are right. It should even compile without libasound.

> cvs checkout: nothing known about pbbuttons/pbbuttonsd/NEWS

This is really strange because NEWS *is* in the repository. Did you
configure your CVS not to get files with zero length?

> With an empty NEWS ./autgen.sh reaches the end, but now dpkg-buildpackage
> fails.

The error log you attached didn't tell me anything and I don't know
what's wrong here. Did configure run without errors or warnings?

The last release only added some source files so I don't know why the
build process doesn't work anymore. I think it's an issue of autoconf
2.60a. Maybee you should try with 2.59a.

Sorry for this insufficient answer but I prefer to spend my time to
develop pbbuttonsd rather than the GNU autotools. They should
simply work. ;-)

  Best Regards
    Matthias