Re: call for testers: powerpc graphical debian installer

On 04/ott/06, at 16:15, Eddy Petrișor wrote:

I haev just added a wiki page on
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/GUIPowerPCTesting that details
how the G-I should be tested for PowerPC architecture.

Tested on PowerBook G4 15" 1.67 GHz (PowerBook5,6)
ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (Chipset Model: ATY,RV360M11)

Booting with no option: the graphical installer starts OK, but the trackpad does not work (the keyboard does though).

Booting with "install video=ofonly": the boot process seems to enter a loop trying to start the installer (can't tell what happens exactly, the messages are scrolling too fast). Tried to switch VTs, but the machine froze.

Booting with "install DEBIAN_FRONTEND=newt" yields the old text-based installer.

Hope this helps somehow. If there is interest, next week I might be able to test the mini.iso on a 7600/200 and a 9600/350.

Damiano