Re: xkb-data with support for Mac keyboards into unstable

On Thu, Oct 05 2006, at 01:01 +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 12:31:49AM +0200, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
> > > About your other changes, if you want to modify pc105 German layout,
> > > please discuss with other German people, not on this list only.
> >
> > They may vote as they like ... All I hope is that they at least do
> > vote .. :)
>
> I should have mentioned that earlier, but it is very unlikely that
> changes in symbols/de will go into Etch.  This is different for Mac
> layouts, since they were broken, I have no problem with changing
> them again, the result cannot be worse than was in sarge ;)

IINM, the Mac layouts are those in
/usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/macintosh_vndr/
and these are non-PC105 (?), so they're not of much use for me ...

I could try to write a new one for that dir above, with pc105
mappings, but I don't know how to integrate a map in there in a way it
works. That is, IIRC, it's not enough to simply put a new map in
there, and then trying to activate it without having changed other
files that refer to, and know about this newly created map ... IIRC.

Best Regards
Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Pfeiffer: /ICQ: 286585973/ + + +  /AIM: crashinglinux/
http://profiles.yahoo.com/wolfgangpfeiffer

Key ID: E3037113
http://keyserver.mine.nu/pks/lookup?search=0xE3037113&fingerprint=on