Re: xkb-data with support for Mac keyboards into unstable

Hello Jörg,
On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 11:15:43AM +0000, Jörg Sommer wrote:
> Helge Kreutzmann <kreutzm@itp.uni-hannover.de> wrote:
> > So the following still needs to be done for a german ibook keyboard:
> >
> > 1. When pressing the key between ß? and backspace, I still get
> >    nothing, while I expect ' as printed on the key. With the shift
> >    modifier it works. This is keycode 21.
>
> It's a dead key. Press a 'e' after it and you get é. The ' is definitive
> the wrong character!

I set XkbVariant to nodeadkeys, hence I do not expect (read: want)
this composing. And, for some reason, I actually get , now, so this
possibility is definitly gone.

> > 2. The AltGr-Bracket sequence is still "wrong", i.e. I would like the
> >    PC style version,
>
> Then configure a PC style keyboard. Use pc105 instead of macintosh.

Could you be so kind to tell me exactly what I should try? There are
so many possibilities now, I'd rather try the right one. (Especially
since a PC style is still slightly different then the ibook one).

> It's a Apple keyboard. Don't use it, if you don't like it.

Pardon? I mean, I could unlock it from my ibook, but I do not see how
to detach the cable, and I've never heard that apple sells other
keyboards for their ibooks. Or do you think I should by an external USB
keyboard instead of helping to create an option to use the PC style
variant?

Greetings

           Helge

--