Re: xkb-data with support for Mac keyboards into unstable

Hallo Wolfgang,

Wolfgang Pfeiffer <roto@gmx.net> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 23, 2006 at 03:52:11PM +0200, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
>
>> 1. When pressing the key between ß? and backspace, I still get
>>    nothing, while I expect ' as printed on the key. With the shift
>>    modifier it works. This is keycode 21.
>>
>> 2. The AltGr-Bracket sequence is still "wrong", i.e. I would like the
>>    PC style version, i.e. (starting at AltGR-7) {[]}\
>
> My vote for this. Definitely. :)

Use pc105 instead of macintosh. It's an Apple keyboard not a PC keyboard.

I vote for the Apple layout.

>>    while I get (starting at AltGr-5) []|{}}\. This behaviour should
>>    be switchable.  Also I still wonder why "}" is on AltGr-9 *and*
>>    AltGr-0.
>>
>> 3. AltGr-Q still produces "«" and not "@"
>
> Same here, on a PowerBook5.8: ISO_Level3_Shift + Q = «

At me, the sign @ is engraved on the L key not on the Q key. Why do you
expect a PC keyboard layout when you use an Apple keyboard?

Bye, Jörg.
--
Der Wille und nicht die Gabe macht den Geber.