Re: xkb-data with support for Mac keyboards into unstable

On Sat, Sep 23, 2006 at 03:52:11PM +0200, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:

> 1. When pressing the key between ß? and backspace, I still get
>    nothing, while I expect ' as printed on the key. With the shift
>    modifier it works. This is keycode 21.
>
> 2. The AltGr-Bracket sequence is still "wrong", i.e. I would like the
>    PC style version, i.e. (starting at AltGR-7) {[]}\

My vote for this. Definitely. :)

>    while I get (starting at AltGr-5) []|{}}\. This behaviour should
>    be switchable.  Also I still wonder why "}" is on AltGr-9 *and*
>    AltGr-0.
>
> 3. AltGr-Q still produces "«" and not "@"

Same here, on a PowerBook5.8: ISO_Level3_Shift + Q = «

But I have the "@" on the "L" key, which actually *is* how this key is
marked on the keyboard proper .. :)
You see this on this picture of a PB5,8:
www.wolfgangpfeiffer.com/keyboard.PBook.g4-5.8.JPG

I'm not sure on whether it might become difficult to find a consensus
at times for issues like this: It seems Apple produced for (nearly ?)
every language another heavily varied version. E.g. you can compare the DE
variant bottom keys row (Picture above) with French (?) ones here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org/msg56274.html

Best Regards
Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Pfeiffer: /ICQ: 286585973/ + + +  /AIM: crashinglinux/
http://profiles.yahoo.com/wolfgangpfeiffer

Key ID: E3037113
http://keyserver.mine.nu/pks/lookup?search=0xE3037113&fingerprint=on