Problems installing Debian for Powerpc on p690 Logical Partitions... Help!

Hi

I'm in the process of installing and configuring Debian 3.1_r2 for Powerpc on Logical Partitions of an IBM pSeries p690 (Power4 Processor) and one IBM pSeries p570 (Power5 Processor). I have downloaded the DVD images from Debian.org and tried to boot from these media without success. After some reading we have found that using the boot command of Open Firmware we can link the yaboot in /install dir inside the DVD:

boot cdrom:,\install\yaboot

when issuing this command looks like the yaboot sequuence cannot find the yaboot.conf file, which in fact does not exist cause yaboot.con is the one in the install dir.

Have anyone installed Debian on such platform usign DVD and how ?? Our customer network connections are not so good.

Thanks in advanced

Correo Yahoo!