Re: snd-aoa status update / automatic driver loading

On Friday 19 May 2006 11:47, Johannes Berg wrote:
> Alright, there are two different issues here:
>
> On Thu, 2006-05-18 at 00:02 +0200, Børge Holen wrote:
> > Does this have anything to do with the metallic scrambled sound I get
> > whenever I try to play a movie of some sort (this happens with OSS emu
> > and ALSA output?
> > Arts just scrambles it all to noice.
>
> This is probably related to the fact that I advertise the wrong pcm
> formats. The controller indeed does 24-bit sound, but requires 4-byte
> alignment, which I did wrong in the code. I just fixed up i2sbus to
> advertise 32-bit support which is the correct way due to the way
> alignment works (see the new i2sbus-pcm.c file at lines 86ff.)

YES, I GOT PERFECT SOUND!!!
nothings quite like php/mysql/movie mix on late nites.

But I dont quite understand why this does not work with the vanilla drivers,
yes I'm using the PB5,8 hack to actually get any sort of output with toonie.
Someone else did this wrong long since. Is this a special case of some sort,
or more like a continous bug noone bothered to fix?

Did I mention thank you?

Børge