Re: snd-aoa status update / automatic driver loading

Alright, there are two different issues here:

On Thu, 2006-05-18 at 00:02 +0200, Børge Holen wrote:

> Does this have anything to do with the metallic scrambled sound I get whenever
> I try to play a movie of some sort (this happens with OSS emu and ALSA
> output?
> Arts just scrambles it all to noice.

This is probably related to the fact that I advertise the wrong pcm
formats. The controller indeed does 24-bit sound, but requires 4-byte
alignment, which I did wrong in the code. I just fixed up i2sbus to
advertise 32-bit support which is the correct way due to the way
alignment works (see the new i2sbus-pcm.c file at lines 86ff.)

> I can also remember half way throught a ogg/mp3 playlist when it also
> scrambled the output, this has only happened ONCE.

That's probably related to losing interrupts which is the issue my
brother is looking into, he seems to have a more or less complete fix.

Oh there's a third issue I won't bother you or this list with about
which I'm just writing a long-winded email to linuxppc-dev. But it seems
to affect recording mostly.

johannes