Re: [RFC][Patch] Cirumvent appletouch fuzziness

Le mercredi 03 mai 2006 à 07:33 +0200, Johannes Berg a écrit :
> On Tue, 2006-05-02 at 23:14 +0200, Sven Henkel wrote:
>
> > Heh, yes :) But that's exactly my problem: xy_acc _should_ be all
> > zeros when there's no finger on the touchpad, but from time to time
> > some entries in it grow to values >0, and even >ATP_THRESHOLD. So,
> > when I use the touchpad in such a failure scenario, it looks to the
> > appletouch driver as if I had two fingers on the touchpad (one caused
> > by me, the other one by the failures in xy_acc). Hence moving the
> > pointer becomes quite ugly and taps result in the wrong mouse-buttons.
>
> I think this actually happens when you *don't* touch the touchpad for
> quite a while. I've seen it happen too, will have to test your patch
> though.

Hmmm, I use an external mouse as well as the touchpad, so it happens
quite often that I don't touch the touchpad for some time.

However, I never experienced (with current kernels; it did happen with
older appletouch versions) such behaviour.

Very rarely the appletouch driver stops working completly (sometimes
after a resume from suspend to ram, sometimes for other unknown reason)
and I have to reload the module in order to make it work again. But this
happens just once per week (and I use the laptop daily for 10+ hours),
so it never bothered me enough to look more closely.

I'm not sure if this changes something but do you have all the Apple
firmware updates installed ?

Sven: What Powerbook model do you have ? I know Johannes has the hi-res
Powerbook, and I have the slighly older lo-res Powerbook...

Stelian.
--
Stelian Pop <stelian@popies.net>