Re: external monitor at larger resolution?

On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 14:38 +0100, Johannes Berg wrote:

> I don't remember. I'll try with 2560x1024 as soon as I'm home again.

I had a more elaborate mail somewhere (which will get sent out on Monday
or so I guess, stuck on my powerbook and I forgot the power supply).

I got it fixed by increasing the CRT2 frequencies enough -- but it only
told me that they were to low after I added the large virtual size.

It's now working pretty well, but X fails to actually initialise the
card properly so I have to boot OSX, then reboot (not turning off the
powerbook) and boot into Linux/X to get something out of it :(

Also, it doesn't survive a suspend-to-ram and the external screen stays
blank afterwards (no signal on the dvi output)

johannes