Re: Debian MacOldWorld installation

2006/3/10, vinai <vroopcha@mcw.edu>:
On Fri, 10 Mar 2006, Jerome Le Saux wrote:

> Hi all,
> I imagine you might be bored to see such mail. I'm sorry but I read the
> Debian Manual but also on the net via google to try to find an answer to
> my problem.
> I used to install Debian distribution on other architecture such Intel,
> so my question is only on the CDrom boot.
> I downloaded miboot floppy to boot.
> Miboot returned me : Kernel Panic VFS unable to mount root FS on 08:01.
> What's wrong, my harddrive are not supported ?
> Must I add specific driver for them ?
>
> My machine :
> Machintosh ppc 7600
> CDROM
> FLOPPY
> 2 harddrives (2.1 GB and 9 GB scsi, both recognized under Macos 8.5)
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Sincerely
> Jerome

I think there was a problem with any drive having SCSI ID 0 on such macs
- make sure neither of your drives have this ID and try again ...

cheers
vinai

thank you for you quick answer.
I checked my ID and they are organised as follow :
1rst harddrive detected sda scsi 0, channel 0 , id 2 , lun 0
2nd CDROM detected sr0 scsi 0 , channel 0 , id 3 , lun 0
3rd harddrive detected sdb scsi0 , channel 0, id 4 , lun 0

And miboot returns me the same error.
Any ideas ?
Sincerely

Jerome